Morris County NJ Nutritionist Debunks The Keto Diet!
Many Doctors have infatuated with diets, that other Doctors have created, christen them with new names, of diet programs that are the same, and have been around for decades. Then they claim them as their own creation. Kind of like: I built a class like zumba and I call it rumba. Then claim is a new aerobic class modality. Isn’t it ludicrous?. And the more pungent it is, the more lasting in the memories of people. Morris County NJ Nutritionist Debunks The Keto Diet: Keto diet is nothing but a vile copy of the Atkins diet. Like Atkins diet, the main component of the Keto diet, is the fact that fats and proteins only are consumed, so that the liver produces ketons, “water soluble molecules. The keto diet promotes an intake of foods low in carbs, and high in fats, eating foods that contain high levels of carbohydrates causes your body to produce both glucose an insulin. The problem here is that; of all the different molecules that your body produces, glucose is by far the easiest to convert and be turned into energy. For this reason your body chooses it over other energy sources. So right off the bat, these low carb diets never last, never make sense, and can never become a lifestyle.
Is The Keto Diet Healthy?
I will outline five reasons why you should stay away from the keto diet. If your goal is permanent weight loss. On part two of these series, I will also give you 5 diets that will work better than keto, without causing side effects like these diets do. On part two, I will go over, diet plans that are my top favorites, and have used them for 20 years on individuals that simply love to eat healthy and still have fun once and a while by going out cheating, and feel good abut it. People call this process a”diet”. I call it “a lifestyle”.
1-Lack of energy and lethargy
- The reason for this is that your body has been relying on the process of carbohydrate breakdown for so long. And it has prepared itself to continue to do so. Therefore, your body has stored enzymes that are prepared to help in this process. The problem is that when limiting carbs, your body doesn’t know how to deal with the build up of these enzymes. Your body will also be forced to produce new enzymes to process fats.
- Another results, is lower levels of glycogen in the muscles, which is to blamed for the aforementioned loss of energy and lethargy.
- The amount of fats, the keto diet promotes and lack of fiber that is in it, causes people lots of constipation.
- A healthy nutritional plan, primary objective should be the creation of a healthy ecosystem in the gut. Such as reducing the amount of sodium and augmenting the amount of water in the digestive track. Keeping food moving along the digestive track, should be a priority of any diet plan. The Keto diet careless abut this practice!.
3-Reducing physical performance
- Your body needs fuel to burn fat. Performance carbs are necessary at any given point. Quinoa, apples, oranges, oatmeal, etc. You are going to the gym to burn fat, so why you keep on eating fat?.
- Although healthy fats are essential, keto diet, promotes bacon and many animal fats no necessarily healthy for your liver. An unhealthy liver can cause fatigue and other health problems.
4-Increase Cholesterol levels
- Keto diet increases Cholesterol. Again; although Keto diet promotes good fats, doesn’t really outline the elimination of bad fats. Which is a huge concern for anyone with high cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Low carbohydrate diets will always increase your cholesterol levels. Is a good rule of thumb to check with your physician before you start this diet, if you suffer from high cholesterol and triglycerides.
5-Keto diet can produce gallstones
- It is well known that any diet high in fats, can produce gallstones. Bile is stored in the gallbladder and manufactured in the liver. Bile emulsifies fats, which normally sticks out in one clump because it is hydrophobic.
- The bile can break the fat into small micelles that are like a little cells. When you give your gallbladder excess of fats, how do you think your gallbladder will become?. YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT: unbalance.
- Excess of fats deteriorate your bile, and give you gallstones.
Armed with this information, pick a diet that will match your health’s needs, a nutritional program that promotes progress, and long term health!. Consult with your physician before you start any diet, and fill out the form below, if you like to get a consultation for nutritional counseling with one of our experts.
PS-Read our recent story how to maximize your GI system for rapid weight loss!