loader
.

Menopause And Alzheimers

Menopause And Alzheimers

How To Prevent The Risk Of Alzheimers During Menopause:

Women make up nearly two thirds of patients with Alzheimer’s disease in the U.S. in part because they live longer than men. Now researchers are exploring, whether hormonal changes, related to menopause affect the development of the disease. According to the Weill Cornell Women’s brain initiative in New York City, a research program aim at reducing Alzheimer’s risk. “In reality the brain changes, start in middle life. Thenceforth, is vital for women to start some changes in their health, immediately approaching menopause cycles.

How menopause affects brain changes?

Most people think of menopause as a fertility issue tantamount to a man’s infertility problems after certain age. However, the weill cornell women’s brain initiative of New York city, introduced a test probing its effects in their brain as the result as night sweats, hot flashes and memory changes. These symptoms are the result as the declining levels of estrogen and other hormones. Estrogen protects the human brain from aging and stimulates neural activity. It may help prevent the builders of clusters or plaques that are linked to Alzehimer’s disease.

Is Hormone Replacement Therapy The Solution?

For decades many women entering menopause tempered its effects with hormone replacement therapy. But in 2003 a large randomized control study called the women’s health initiative, was halted after the women talking HRT had an increased risk of heart attacks. And breast cancer. Some women show a small increase likelihood of developing dementia. Since then HRT has fallen out of favor, though many women continue it.

More Studies

University of southern California in Los Angeles, stated that the issue was complicated due to a lot of factors-no just timing as when the women start HRT, but also the hormone regimen, what kind of hormone and estrogen is used and the route of delivery. An other study made with 59 women had higher rates of brain energy decline and shrinkage in the memory centers, as well as higher rates of Alzeheimer’s plaques compared with 18 males of similar ages. And, thus a fact that women’s brain age faster than men’s brain during the transition of menopause. This accelerating aging process is likely related to the loss of estrogen in their brain.

Does menopause cause Alzheimer’s disease?

It’s not that menopause cause Alzheimer’s disease. It’s more for the average women, if you have an Alzheimer’s predisposition. Menopause may accelerate the process. But such changes may not affect all women. 20 % of women don’t suffer from the hormonal changes associated with menopause. And the other 80% have varying effects, from mild to severe. For example, in 2017 another study published in the journal of neurology, researches used PET scans to analyze the brain activity of 42 healthy, 40 to 60 year old women and 18 men of a similar age. And, premenopausal women, had 15 to 20% reduction in brain metabolism compared with men. While postmenopausal women had over 30% reduction. Postmenopausal women showed the emergence of Alzheimer’s plaques in the brain. Which not necessarily means the person will get the disease but indicates, a higher risk of developing. it.

Exercise diet and menopause

Estrogen therapies is not enough to prevent Alzehimer’s , exercise diet and sleep are important. A specific training system with weights and body exercises can help to boost estrogen levels, especially in women over 50 years old and older. Diet is very important as well, notwithstanding many women are on clean diets, the foods that must be considered are key to reduce the likelihood of Alzheimer’s disease and keep the estrogen levels up. Foods such as: sesame seeds, flax seeds, organic soy beans, soy milk, cruciferous vegetables mainly raw, and different types of mushrooms, must be integrated, in order to prevent a dramatic drop in estrogen levels.

Conclusion

Although estrogen replacement therapies have been ubiquosly used in clinics, always check the sources, and delivery routes. You should also remain active and aware of these symptoms as soon as you reach the premenopause stages. Always check with your Doctor, for advice and recommendations. And, if you interested in a diet and fitness consult with a professional who understand these changes, fill out the forms below for a free talk!.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Subscribe to our Newsletter